Setting up a business, vehicle or venue
Register and get your starter pack
Complete your business registration by selecting ‘Register your business’. Note: Processing can take up to 3 business days.
You will need to complete a separate registration for each business location/venue you have. Taxi, rideshare and limousine operators must also complete a separate registration for each vehicle.
As part of your registration, you will receive a starter kit, including a business set-up guide and QR code poster:
- Download the Check In Qld app from the Google Play or Apple App store on your device and create a business profile.
- Print your posters in colour, on A4 or A3, and display them in multiple accessible locations.
- Customers and guests can scan your QR code to check in and register their details.
- You can ask your customers and guests to show you the successful check in screen or the check in history screen.
- If people can’t use the app, or don’t have a smart device, your staff can check them in using the business profile mode on the app.
For a full list of sectors that must now use the Check In Qld app, see Queensland Health’s Restrictions on Business, Activities and Undertakings Direction.
Business set-up guide
This guide (provided in your registration starter kit) outlines the steps you need to take to complete the set-up of the Check In Qld app. It also outlines how to use the app in your business and includes some handy tips to ensure everything runs smoothly.
These messages and materials are provided to assist you promote the Check In Qld app to your customers. These materials can be adapted.
- Resources kit including posters, social media content, newsletter content and more.
- Social media images to promote use of the app:
- Check In Qld icons for you to use on your website or marketing materials:
- Materials to promote vaccination uptake via the Check In Qld app:
How staff and business owners use the app
Check the answers to common questions below, or for support, contact 134 COVID (13 42 68).
Do I still need to follow your COVID Safe Industry Plan or checklists if I have the QR code for customers?
I’m having issues with my venue code, who do I contact?
For support, contact 134 COVID (13 42 68).
What if a driver finds there is no Check In Qld app in place for the vehicle they are driving?
The driver must not pick up passengers and should immediately contact the operator for assistance.
What do I need to do if the registration number plate for my vehicle changes?
Please contact 134 COVID (13 42 68) so the team can update your poster to the new registration plate details and issue you with a new poster.