During a public health emergency, the Chief Health Officer can issue Public Health Directions to assist in containing, or to respond to, the spread of COVID-19 within the community.
These directions may apply to specified Impacted Areas for a set period of time.
COVID Safe Checklists
COVID Safe Checklists relate to seated dining and drinking, food courts, and personal services. These are different to COVID Safe Event Checklists, which allow for 500 attendees (indoors) and 1000 attendees (outdoors) per day at events.
Approved COVID Safe Industry Plans and Checklists
- From 6pm Monday 11 January to 1am Friday 22 January 2021 additional restrictions for businesses are in place for the Greater Brisbane area.
- Stay up-to-date with any changes to Public Health Directions.
- Where an Approved Plan, COVID Safe Checklist or COVID Safe Event Checklist refers to a requirement in the Restrictions for Impacted Areas Direction, the requirement in the Direction for the Impacted Area prevails to the extent of any inconsistency.
COVID Safe Industry Plans and COVID Safe Checklists are key compliance categories of the COVID Safe Business Framework—helping businesses to better understand what they need to do to keep themselves and the community ‘COVID safe’.
Some types of businesses have more restrictions and requirements in place due to their higher risk of coronavirus transmission, as determined by the Chief Health Officer—they are known as ‘restricted businesses’ under the public health direction. It is mandatory for these businesses to download and follow their relevant industry’s COVID Safe Industry Plan or Checklist.
Other businesses can also benefit from using the voluntary checklists that have been developed.
COVID Safe Industry Plans
COVID Safe Industry Plans are not for use by individual members of the public. These plans are specifically for business use only. View the approved COVID Safe Industry Plans and related documents for:
- Aquatic Sport Sector
- Australian Attractions
- Dance and Physical Performing Arts
- Field Sports
- Fitness Facilities
- Food Services
- Hotels, Clubs, Nightclubs and Adult Entertainment
- Indoor Sports
- Outdoor Education Providers
- Outdoor Recreation Activity Providers
- Outdoor Sports
- Places of Worship
- Queensland Agricultural Shows and Showgrounds
- Queensland Live Performance, Venues/Theatres
- Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) Campgrounds
- Queensland Racing Industry and Racing Clubs
- Queensland Real Estate
- Queensland Sex Industry
- Queensland Sex on Premises Venues and Adult Parties
- Queensland Tourism and Accommodation
- Queensland Wineries
- Retail, Hair and Beauty
- Swimming Pool and Aquatic Centre
- Zoos and Aquariums
For a full list of restricted businesses and mandatory COVID Safe requirements, please see Schedule 1 of the Chief Health Officer’s Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertaking Direction.
COVID Safe Checklists
Checklists are available for business types and activities including:
- Dining and drinking*
- Food courts*
- Indoor Play Centres, Unattended Children's Rides and other Unattended Freestanding Amusement or Wellbeing Machines
- Personal services*
- Vehicle and vessels for up to 50 people
*Translated checklists are available in the following languages: Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese.
Voluntary use checklists
COVID Safe Events
If hosting a COVID Safe Event, event organisers should monitor the list of approved COVID Safe Industry Plans above to determine whether their event (or specific parts of their event) is covered by one or more specific COVID Safe Industry Plans and/or for guidance on measures to be implemented in relation to the particular activity. Event organisers must ensure compliance with these approved COVID Safe Industry Plans for the relevant components of your event, including any specific requirements regarding approvals.
Should you have any queries relating to the Industry Framework for COVID Safe Events contact the Department of State Development, Tourism and Innovation.
For more information about COVID Safe Events, including the Industry Framework for COVID Safe Events, please visit COVID Safe Events.