Freight and logistic operators
Freight and logistic operators include:
- heavy vehicle drivers
- rail crew and drivers
- non-heavy vehicle commercial freight operators
- logistics and support workers
- any other persons essential to the delivery of freight in the course of a freight movement.
Affected Area means the Local Government Areas of:
- Georges River
And the following postcpodes of Penrith (in the State of New South Wales):
- Claremont Meadows
- Erskine Park
- Kemps Creek
- Mount Vernon
- North St Marys
- Orchard Hills
- Oxley Park
- St Clair
- St Mary
A close contact is someone who you have been:
- in an enclosed space with 2 hours or longer or
- within 1.5 metres for 15 minutes or longer.
Freight and logistics operators
Last updated: 25 January 2022
Effective 15 January 2022, the Queensland Freight Protocol no longer applies and Queensland border checkpoints are no longer in operation.
Freight and logistics operators entering Queensland from another state or territory are no longer required to produce:
- an F Pass
- negative COVID-19 test result
- proof of COVID-19 vaccination status
- written records of contacts.
Interpreting services are available for people who have difficulty communicating in English. Please telephone 13 QGOV (13 74 68) and ask for an interpreter.
COVID-19 testing locations
Freight and logistics operators can continue to be tested at dedicated heavy vehicle COVID-19 testing locations, Queensland Health fever clinics and private pathology providers.
Dedicated heavy vehicle COVID-19 testing locations in Queensland
Pathology staff will be onsite to test drivers—please be patient and courteous while attending testing.
Hours of operation are subject to change due to weather and pathology resourcing.
You can access this COVID-19 heavy vehicle temporary testing facility if you are permitted to drive on the Gateway Motorway - take Exit 117.
- Monday to Sunday 8am – 4pm.
- Monday to Sunday 8am – 4pm.
This site is road train accessible.
This site is accepting agricultural workers in light vehicles.
Port of Brisbane
Queensland Health fever clinics
Freight and Logistics operators can also be tested at all Queensland Health fever clinics.
Heavy vehicle driver testing locations across Australia
The NHVR COVID-19 Support Map provides details of all dedicated heavy vehicle driver testing sites across Australia.
COVID-19 support for heavy vehicle drivers
Find out more about a number of changes made by the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator to assist heavy vehicle drivers and operators during the ongoing COVID-19 situation. Visit the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator website.
COVID-19 support for rail crew and drivers
Find more COVID-19 border information for train drivers and rail safety workers at the Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator website.
COVID-19 support for agriculture freight workers
Find advice and assistance for agriculture freight workers at the Business Queensland website.
Travelling across borders
Travelling from Queensland to other states and territories
For further information on the restrictions when travelling to other state and territories from Queensland visit:
- New South Wales - Transport for NSW response to COVID-19 for the freight industry
- Victoria - Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) - ports and freight services
- South Australia - COVID-19 SA Border Information for Essential Travellers
- Northern Territory - CHO direction for freight workers
- Australian Capital Territory - Entering and leaving the ACT
- Western Australia - Transport, freight and logistics drivers
Stay up-to-date with the latest information.
- Subscribe to Transport and Main Road's heavy vehicle bulletin
- Subscribe to Agriculture and Fisheries' alerts
- Follow on Facebook:
- call 134 COVID (13 42 68) for a fast response to COVID-19 queries
- call QLDTraffic on 13 19 40 for the latest information on road closures and traffic conditions across Queensland
- visit www.qldtraffic.qld.gov.au or download the QLDTraffic app for further assistance