COVID Safe Plans for professional and elite sport
Professional and elite sport
In Queensland, professional sporting codes of national significance including elite sport and elite athletes must operate in compliance with a COVID Safe Professional Sporting Code Plan, approved by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer.
To assist Organisations with the development of such Plans, the Department of Tourism, Innovation and Sport, through Sport and Recreation have prepared a COVID Safe Guide for Professional and Elite Sport for the conduct of training and competition in Queensland.
If you are considering Queensland as part of training or competition plans, please touch base with the Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your proposed schedule/travel itinerary and to receive a copy of the full COVID Safe Guide.
Stadiums Queensland have worked in collaboration with the Chief Health Officer to develop site-specific COVID Safe Plans, given the unique and complex nature of individual stadiums.
Stadiums with seating capacity of 20,000 or more
- Up to 75% of seated venue capacity permitted provided patrons are in ticketed and allocated seating.
Stadiums with seating capacity less than 20,000
- Up to 100% of seated venue capacity permitted provided patrons are in ticketed and allocated seating.
Measures being enforced at stadiums to protect the health of spectators and staff include:
- extra cleaning and sanitisation of high traffic areas such as handrails
- dedicated facilities and exits to reduce potential for virus spread
- patrons must wear a face mask at all times, including when seated. Masks can be removed when eating or drinking.
For more information, you can contact the team at Sport and Recreation via email: