Industry plans for sport, recreation and fitness organisations
The sport, recreation, and fitness industry has developed industry plans on behalf of their various industry segments. Industry plans developed by peak bodies allow for a cohesive and collaborative approach, so activity is able to return in a safe and controlled manner.
Industry COVID Safe Plans played an integral role in some sport, recreation and fitness activities resuming under Stage 2 easing of restrictions. Where an Industry COVID Safe Plan exists, organisations must comply in order for standard activity to be conducted.
All organisations within the industry can access these plans (regardless of membership to an industry body).
COVID Safe Industry Plans are not for use by individual members of the public. These plans are specifically for business use only.
There is no requirement to seek approval on sport specific return to play documentation from the Department of Housing and Public Works or Queensland Health prior to recommencing activity.
Any organisation undertaking activity in accordance with an industry plan must print, sign and display a Statement of compliance.
Moving to Stage 4, the Industry COVID Safe Plans remain largely unchanged, however the plans have been updated to include:
- clarification around COVID Safe events
- updated contact tracing requirements.
- Field Sports - Industry COVID Safe Plan
- Aquatic Sport Sector - Industry COVID Safe Plan
- Swimming Pool and Aquatic Centre - Industry COVID Safe Plan
- Outdoor Sports - Industry COVID Safe Plan
- Indoor Sports Group
- Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) Campgrounds - Industry COVID SAFE Plan
- Outdoor Recreation Activity Providers – Industry COVID Safe Plan
- Outdoor Education Providers – Industry COVID Safe Plan
Fitness and dance
- Fitness Facilities - Industry COVID Safe Plan
- Dance and Physical Performing Arts - Industry COVID Safe Plan
- Outdoor facilities can have up to 75% of seated venue capacity
- Indoor facilities can have up to 25,000 spectators or 50% of seated venue capacity (whichever is less).
Measures being enforced at stadiums to protect the health of spectators and staff include:
- extra cleaning and sanitisation of high traffic areas such as handrails
- seating plans of segmented zones
- dedicated facilities and exits to reduce potential for virus spread.