There are a range of services in place to help Queenslanders sustain tenancies in the private rental market. To see if your eligible for some of these services or find out more information, visit the Help with renting page.
Other resources that may be helpful to the Queensland residential rental sector.
- Visit the Federal Government's Treasury website for information on the Economic Response to the Coronavirus
- For details on the Queensland Government’s economic relief package, visit the Business Queensland website.
- For the latest travel information and restrictions, please visit the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs website or Smartraveller.
- See this QCAT COVID-19 update has details of new arrangements at the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal commencing 30 March 2020.
- For Queenslanders in self-isolation, advice, information and support is available on the Queensland Health’s website and through the Queensland Government’s Community Recovery Hotline
- Information for students is available from Study Queensland or contact your university/education provider’s student services team.
- COVID-19 Change of circumstances and rent fact sheet
- The State Government announced a $24.7 million housing and homelessness package on 25 March, and confirmed their Homeless Hotline is available to vulnerable Queenslanders.
- If you are a social housing tenant, visit the Department of Housing and Public Works website.
- For updates and resources for the community sector, visit the QCOSS website Community Door
- For tenants and residents, visit the Tenants Queensland website for information on COVID19 and renting - what tenants need to know
- COVID-19 Protection for tenants and owners fact sheet
For property owners and body corporate
- For property owners, information is available on the POAQ website.
- See a variety of information from the Body Corporate and Community Management for bodies corporate on their website.
- For information on how housing providers and homelessness services can best support their staff, clients and tenants, visit the The Deck by Q Shelter.
For real estate professionals and property managers
- For real estate professionals, REIQ is continuing to support members with Fast Facts and FAQ's.
- For managing agents, a range of information is available from Office of Fair Trading website, including a fact sheet for agents.
- For resident accommodation managers, a range of information and webinars for members are available from ARAMA.
- Small businesses can also visit Business Queensland’s website.