Translated COVID Safe resources
Information and advice translated into different languages.
Information for multicultural communities – coronavirus (COVID-19)
Translated resources for people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds to have access to current, culturally appropriate and translated COVID-19 information.
Australian Government COVID-19 resources:
- COVID-19 information in your language
- Health resources in your language
- COVID-19 videos in various languages
COVID Safe Checklists
There is no longer a requirement for restricted businesses to operate under an ‘industry specific’ COVID Safe Checklist.
These checklists have now been replaced by the COVID Safe Checklist for Restricted Businesses.
The below revoked COVID Safe Checklists are available for businesses to refer to, should they wish to implement some, or all, of the measures in the checklists. However, it should be noted that compliance with these checklists is no longer mandatory.
COVID सुरक्षित जाँच-सूची
People who speak other languages can also access the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National).
National Translating and Interpreting service
People who speak other languages can also access the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) through the following links:
- 简体中文 (Chinese Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese Traditional)
- Italiano (Italian)
- မြန်မာ (Burmese)
- دری (Dari)
- Thuɔŋjäŋ (Dinka)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- རྫོང་ཁ། (Dzonghka)
- Hakha Chin
- हिन्दी (Hindi)
- ကညီကျိာ် (Karen)
- Ikirundi (Kirundi)
- Bahasa Melayu (Malay)
- Gagana Samoa (Samoan)
- Soomaaliga (Somali)
- Swahili · தமிழ் (Tamil)
- ไทย (Thai)
- ትግርኛ ፊደል (Tigrinya)
- lea faka-Tonga (Tongan)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Русский (Russian)
- Español (Spanish)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- COVID-19 hotline: If you are concerned, call 134 COVID (13 42 68) (24 Hours)
- Interpreting service: If you need an interpreter, call 134 COVID (13 42 68) (24 Hours) or TIS National on 131 450
- Triple Zero: Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only
- Public transport information: visit the TransLink website, see “Information in your language” at the bottom of the home page