Important changes to the border pass system
From 10 November an improved border pass system will be in place to streamline processing at border checkpoints and provide protection for Queenslanders.
The online application process will remove confusion around pass types by auto-selecting passes for applicants based on the information they provide.
What you need to know:
- Anyone wanting to cross the border into Queensland needs a valid border pass
- You will need to upload supporting documents for your application – these may include proof of identity or address and will depend on what kind of pass you need
- Processing of applications may take up to 3 business days – so remember to apply at least 3 days before you plan to travel
- The improved system will be in place from Tuesday 10 November
- If you already have a valid pass when the new system comes in you don’t need to re-apply, valid passes will continue to be honoured
- The changes will streamline processes at border checkpoints while ensuring compliance with border restrictions is maintained